Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Waiting on my Little Miracle

Becoming pregnant was an unexpected surprise.  I was told that I would have a difficult time having a child.  Part of this is due to my health history…cancer, no thyroid, etc.  But little did I realize this little miracle that is about to take place any day has been a huge blessing to not just me, but to my family and friends.  This little blessing has brought joy, hope, and a lot of love to many.

You see, when we first received the news of my father’s cancer, the news was bad.  The first doctor pretty much told us it was too late and gave us no Hope to beat this.  Time just stopped with that news and I remember so many emotions that rushed over me.  One of my biggest fears was that he would never be able to see a grandchild born.  Little did I know I would be the one to make this happen just a few months later.  This little bundle has brought our family so much hope, so much excitement, and the anticipation is overwhelming. 

This child, who isn’t even here yet, continues to bring hope…..this past year we have been surrounded by a lot of goodbyes….From losing my grandmother, then losing my Aunt, to recently losing my uncle, to the loss of a good family friend’s son a few days ago….I think everyone is just excited to be able to celebrate LIFE…..I could continue to go on how this baby we haven’t met yet has already brought so much HOPE and JOY to many.

I feel truly blessed at this moment in my life and I am so happy to have such wonderful people that surround me.

No comments:

Post a Comment